Saturday 21 January 2012

Finance

 I would say, my main fault is that I have no 'save' instinct. I would quite happily spend £30 a week, without waiting for it to save up into a usable sum. Why? It's not as if I fall for the advertising, as most of the products I purchase are not advertised widely, being knives, and para/550 cord. I believe it is a deeper fear, that I can't let it accumulate, and then watch it vanish in the blink of an eye. I caught myself today, wondering what would I do if I won the Lottery/Euromillions/Premium Bonds, and had decided upon purchasing a car, going to university, and moving to the United States of America, though not necessarily in that order. And giving some money to family and close friends, but definitely not announcing myself as a winner. And also buying a nice rifle, and a Rockstead knife, just because I could afford one. Why not?

 Back to the uncomfortable business of 'money'..... how is it that, in less than 30 years, we have managed to transform global money transfers from a relatively elitist enclave, to an everyday occurrence?  I can, in the blink of an eye, send money from England, to the far reaches of Mongolia, or at least to someone with internet access anywhere on the globe. In a way, I think it both connects us, as an entity, able to communicate over fast distances, and, at the same time, hide us away from the world. Why go down to the shops, when you can order all you need for doorstep delivery?

No comments:

Post a Comment