Thursday 12 January 2012

Shotgun

Succeeded in beating my previous score, at the shotgun clay ground, for my shotgun assessment at college. I managed 9/10 incredibly easy clays, not that bad considering I had only shot a shotgun 5 times previous, and I am a rifle man. I don't know why, but rifles really appeal to me. I don't know whether or not it is the precision of the machining, the attention to detail you have to employ to pull off those longer range shots, or generally the entire ethos of watching your target, and waiting for it to present the perfect opportunity. That millisecond pause, between thinking and pulling the trigger, when every particle in your being is waiting for the outcome. The satisfaction of watching your bullet strike, if using a small calibre. The acknowledgement of the power that you hold in your hands, and the determination that the power should never be allowed to be used for lesser things. Some people treat rifles as a toy. Would they also treat an 18 wheeler juggernaut as a toy when driving on the motorway? I believe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment